KHADIJA TUL KUBRA AWARDS
1. Leaders of Women with Disabilities
2. Emerging Leaders Award
3. Role Model Award
4. Leaders in Gender Movement Award
Women with any type of disability, of any age, are eligible.
Nominations should address the following regardless of which category they are entering.
This award recognizes an outstanding individual as leader of women with disabilities who has made a significant contribution to improving outcomes for women with a disability, by raising awareness, advocating for their rights, and influencing others to shift community attitudes, creating cultural change or transforming services and demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the rights, participation and inclusion of women with disabilities
1. Leaders of Women with Disabilities Award
• Women with disability who has championed the rights of women with disabilities and promoted their inclusion in the community, perhaps by establishing disability advocacy networks and implementing disability awareness training at local institutions such as universities or schools
• Women with disability who has founded a not-for-profit disability organization that is recognized for its successful promotion of systemic change within the sector towards individualized and rights-based support for women with disabilities
• Women with disability who has demonstrated outstanding leadership of a campaign or initiative to support sustained improvement in the lives of women with disabilities
2. Emerging Leader Award
• Women with disability who through leadership and/or self-advocacy has influenced the practice of others to increase the inclusion of people with a disability
• Women with disability development of new and innovative programs, or strengthening of existing programs, to promote the inclusion of women with a disability in the community
• Women with disability who initiatives or individual actions which make Pakistan a safer place for women with disabilities, such as those related to community safety or prevention of violence against women with a disability.
3. Role Model Award
• Women with disability who have achieved significant contributions to advance the rights and inclusion of women with disabilities
• Women with disability who mentors or supports women with disabilities to be active contributors to their community
• Women with disability who coordinate a social enterprise initiative for or with women with disabilities
• Women with disability who promotes change, best practice, and systemic advocacy for women with disabilities
• Women with disability who exercise influence and demonstrates commitment to Gender & Disability Movement.
4. Leaders of Gender Movement Award
• Women with disability advocacy initiatives including individual, self and systemic advocacy which reduce barriers to social, economic and civic participation and promotes the rights, fairness and safety of women with disabilities
• Women with disability increasing the active participation of women with disabilities within the community that they identify with. This may include initiatives which have influenced the practice, policy or programs of community organisations providing services to diverse groups.
• Women with disability stand out efforts to promote positive attitudes and challenge negative stereotypes about women with disabilities, for example awareness campaigns and media
• Women with disability initiatives which have resulted in raised community awareness of the benefits of employment of women with disabilities, for example media campaigns, partnerships with local businesses and employers
• Women with disability someone who embeds sustainable change within organizational practices to create more social, economic and civic opportunities for women with disabilities.